The Crystal Dreams Foundation is proud to offer financial assistance to deserving, underprivileged students for higher education. It is our belief that a college education should be accessible to all students who seek it, regardless of financial status.
Scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $250 to $3,500 per academic year and are payable upon verification of eligibility. Awards are renewable annually by submitting a Scholarship Renewal Application. Awards may be used for tuition, books or room and board.
Assistance is provided through the Crystal Dreams Scholarship Fund. Finalists receive awards based on need and other eligibility requirements.
These scholarships are available on a competitive and need basis to first-year and continuing students.
New applicants apply here.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must submit proof of U.S. residency.
- Must currently be in 11th or 12th grade, attending classes in an accredited educational system. Or, must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, community college, or training program in the U.S.
- High school applicants must submit verification of acceptance to an accredited university, community college, or training program.
- Continuing undergraduates must be enrolled at least half-time, must have completed a minimum of 12 college semester units, or 16 quarter units, and have a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA .
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need. (Must submit signed tax returns for the last 2 years.)
- If awarded a scholarship, candidate must submit a current photograph and be able to commit to a minimum of 12 hours of community service in support of the Crystal Dreams Foundation.
Scholarship award decisions are made by the scholarship committee and are based upon the candidate’s application, essays, need and personal interview. Each completed application package is reviewed by the scholarship committee. The applications are ranked, and finalists are selected. Members of the Crystal Dreams Scholarship Committee will interview each finalist in person or via telephone conference. The number of scholarships awarded and their amounts will be based upon the number of finalists and available scholarship funds at that time. Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completeness of application package
- Content of essays
- Clarity of direction and goals
- Academic achievement
- Letters of recommendation